Returns can be made within 30 days of purchase. If you would like to return your purchase please follow the instructions below. This Return Policy is part of our Terms of Sale.
For All Returns
- All returns must be made through our Customer Service department: 1-800-845-5500.
- All return requests must be made within 30 days of purchase.
- Not all items may be returned. Chemicals, custom orders, special orders and unpackaged solar covers and unfolded liners are non-returnable.
- We will provide you with a Return of Merchandise Authorization (RMA) from our Customer Service Department prior to returning your item.
- Without this number we will not accept your package and it will be returned to you.
- The item must be clean and in resalable condition. Original packaging or box is preferred.
- A 20% restocking fee will be charged for returns.
- Restocking Fee waived if you want store credit
- Restocking Fee waived if you make a purchase of similar value
- Original shipping and handling costs will not be refunded.
- The customer is responsible for all return shipping costs.
For Damaged Items
- You can refuse the package and contact us immediately about the delivery.
- If your freight shipment arrives and it is damaged, you MUST sign for it stating what is wrong on the proof of delivery.
- Document the damage with photos (Phone camera pictures are accepted).
- Call Customer Service: 1-800-845-5500.
Missing or Wrong Items
- Sometimes, a product substitution will be made if an item is discontinued or out of stock. Substitutions will only be applied if we can provide you with a higher quality product.
- If you believe you received the wrong product, first check your invoice as a substitution may have been made.
- If you still think you received the wrong item, do not open the package if possible. Contact our Customer Service department.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I cancel my order?
- Please call us immediately if you wish to cancel your order.
- Can I return my order?
You can return your order for store credit or a refund provided that:
- We receive the return request within 30 days of receiving your purchase.
- Merchandise must be in unused condition including all hardware, instructions, any accessories that may have come with the item and is in its original packaging.
- Your item is not a Non-Returnable item.
If your order does not meet the preceding conditions you can still return your order for a 20% restocking fee.
- Do I have to pay for return shipping?
Customers pay for return shipping only when the issue is due to no fault of SolarCovers.com. If the item is damaged or defective, SolarCovers.com will cover shipping costs.
- How does store credit work?
- Once your return has been processed our Returns Department will notify you of your account balance. That balance can be used towards a future purchase.
- Where do I ship returns?
Attn: Returns Department
574 Main St
Tonawanda, NY 14150
- Do I have to include any paperwork with my return?
- No. However, for faster processing please include your Name, Address, Customer Number and Return of Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
- How long until I receive my store credit or refund?
- Typically with 5-7 business days, depending on your banking institution.
- Can I exchange my order?
- Yes, you can exchange for store credit which you can use on a future purchase.
- What if there is a problem with my order?
- Please inspect items upon receipt, if there is a problem you must contact Customer Service (1-800-845-5500) within 30 days of receiving your order. We will gladly troubleshoot the problem for you and find the best solution for the issue. Do not send damaged, defective or wrong merchandise back to us unless instructed to do so by a SolarCovers.com representative.
- Do I have a Product Warranty?
- All products sold are covered by a warranty. There are no other warranties. Depending on the type of warranty, the item will be replaced prorated, or a discount may be given toward a new item. Warranties are for product replacement only; customer will be responsible for all shipping costs.
- Product Substitutions
- While we try our best to keep our website and system up to date with the latest information, occasionally a product will become discontinued or go out of stock before we have a chance to make the necessary changes. If we have an item in stock, of greater quality than what you ordered, it can be replaced.
- Can I Refuse Delivery?
- If you change your mind about your order after it has been shipped out, you are able to refuse the delivery and it will be returned back to us, you will be charged a 20% restocking fee and be expected to pay for all additional to and from shipping charges.
- What are Non-Returnable Items?
Unless we made a mistake in your order the following items are non-returnable under any circumstances:
- Custom orders
- Special orders
- Unpackaged solar covers
- Unfolded liners
- How do I contact your office?